From an announcement email:
Hi, after some months of silence we've released version 1.4 with a huge changelog. Some highlights:
- 71 tracks
- 2 new cars (TC6, NS)
- Fixed shadows (self shadowing, lightmapping)
- Better looking shaders (fresnel effect, reflectivity/specular maps)
- SSAO effect (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion)
- Sound effects and particles for water or mud areas
- Improved in-car camera
- Rear gear throttle-brake inverse option
Also, installing this game just got a whole lot easier for linux users as there is now a binary Linux release (32 and 64 bit).
Trigger Rally 0.6 has been out for two months by now but now there are some high-resolution gameplay videos available:
The game is much simpler in all aspects than Stunt Rally but it runs well on netbooks. There is a community effort going on to replace copyright/trademark-problematic assets right now.
Maybe you can help by answering this strange question: would you consider these 3D models to be infringing on proprietary car designs?