Fosdem Game Dev
We already mentioned the FOSDEM 2012 role playing game development talk but recently I found links to more open source game development and game design "devrooms" here.
- Alistair Riddoch - The Dynamic Data Driven Worlds of WorldForge.mp3
- Arthur Huillet - Anatomy of a role playing game.avi
- Erik Ogenvik - Getting Started With Ogre3d For Game Development.mp3
- Jeremy Rosen - Balancing a game - the open source way.mp3
- Thomas Kinnen - Data-Driven and Component-Based Game-Entities.mp3
I also recommend "A New OSI for A New Decade" here, which starts with explaining how not to be annoying when advocating freedom.