Thursday, September 20, 2007

FreeCol update


FreeCol


A game update of interest (not been many lately) - FreeCol 0.7.2. Not too much else of interest going on. A few months ago I would have spent some time digging up unusual games or extra development information. Or write some interview questions or something. My time however is very limited at the moment.



I have a few Free game commitments and I really want to focus on creating Fortress. It's been a long time coming but I'm now at a stage where I want to contribute to a game as well as making copious amounts of net noise.



As such perhaps it is time to make this a more public blog - have some people contribute to it. Make it more community-based.



I'm thinking about it...



The other thing I need to do is organise things a little for the www.freegamedev.net (forums current here) community. A few simple tasks and things would be able to run without me but I've been too busy to sort that stuff out.



Anybody got some free spare time? I couldn't find any low cost spare time on ebay.



Hrmm... there's a thought... auctioning off your spare time on ebay... :-)

6 comments:

Tyler Olsen said...

What about implementing some sort of story submission interface (similar to Slashdot/digg). If people send enough submissions, you wouldn't need to spend so much time digging up news on various projects.

Although you already know that whenever Allacrost has big news, I e-mail you personally about it :)

Stanisław Małolepszy said...

That might be a very good idea. You could just use Slash as the software: http://www.slashcode.com/docs/INSTALL.html#installation.

Anonymous said...

You must check this out Charlie...

Freeware Privateer Clone in ASCII Style...

www.asciisector.net

Its a nice game !! Maybe you can write something about next time?!

Irrevenant said...

Why not have a forum on the forums where people can bring OS Gaming news to your attention and you can blog on the most interesting stuff?

Bram said...

What is "Fortress" ? Also, keep up the good work.

Irrevenant said...

See the Freegamer forums for more info on Fortress.

Provide feedback:

Due to SPAM issues we have disabled public commenting here.

But feel free to join our forums or easily chat via IRC with us.