Open-art artist Justin Nichol intends to create 30 freely licensed portraits (or more) in the style you see above. I support his Fantasy Portrait Marathon for 3 purposes:
- Allow an open source enthusiast artist to continue his studies
- Provide portraits for the excellent slash-and-hack OSARE
- Add a quality set of art to OpenGameArt for use in various games
$1500, Dec 28
Targeted is a backing of $1500 until end of 2010. At time of posting, $580 (38.6%) have been already pledged (7 backers).
Other works by Justin
Justin Nichol is attending the Concept Design Academy in Pasadena, Ca. He contributed art to PARPG and OGA. He has a portfolio.
- GIMP will be used for drawing the portraits
- Backers will be able to determine the faces they pay for (check the right sidebar of the project page for details)
- The portraits will be CC-BY-SA/GPL dual-licensed for maximum copyleft compatibility